Saturday, June 27

US Eyeopener

Apologies for my lack of blogging recently but I have been away to the USA where I must admit shock in finding much anti-Obama feeling.
With the big 'O' wanting to create a fairer healthcare system there will be a cost to the taxpayer which is bringing much fear.
Unlike their British cousins, the Americans have long-shunned a free-for-all at the point of service NHS (though I admit the British system is not totally free).
One family man was at pains to "Obama-bash" angry at such an idea while another was fuming at the Obama's administration having more of a say in Government donations.
But I was amazed at such pessimism when the administration is trying to change a system so badly neglected and rotten under Bush.
It is time for Americans to get behind Obama and his plans.